[Eeglablist] about using the tip of nose as reference channel

Makoto Miyakoshi mmiyakoshi at ucsd.edu
Wed Oct 29 13:43:27 PDT 2014

Dear Hui-bin,

Ok, try this: you prepare 3 (or 5 or 10) copies of the same data, but one
of them referenced with Cz, another referenced to nose tip, another
referenced to average,... and run ICA separately and compare results. They
should show exactly the same results (other than baseline values).

And, I gave you wrong reply, I apologize it; I recommend you INCLUDE EOG
channels into ICA (James, you are absolutely right and I agree with you.)
Don't remove them if you want better EOG (therefore EEG) decomposition.

Makoto