[Eeglablist] Recommended response devices

Westfall, Daniel R dwestfal at iupui.edu
Fri Oct 31 10:51:44 PDT 2014

Dear All,

We are currently using response devices from curdes.com but have been having issues with button presses being registered and sent to our stimulus software (STIM) resulting in around 5% omissions. We purchased a Logitech Gamepad F310 and, using the driver software, bound keyboard responses to the bumper buttons on the back. Using this device our omission rate is now 0% but there seems to be around a 40ms timing difference between using the curdes devices and the Logitech gaming pad (where the Logitech event is delayed). I am not sure if this 40ms timing delay is due to the driver software that needs to recode the input to the assigned key press or if the increased latency is from the Logitech device itself.

Does anyone have any suggestions as far as response devices go and has anyone used the Logitech device before?

Thank you,
Daniel