[Eeglablist] The number of removed components

Bin Wang binwang87828 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 4 12:36:34 PST 2014

Hi, Makoto,

Thank you very much. You are right.

I am using a dataset with 64 channels. Normally I can get 64 ICs, so if I removed 20 artefact-ICs, I still have about 40 ICs that are confirmed to be brain activity, which is totally reasonable. As long as I can make sure that these 20 IC are related with artefacts, I can remove them and won’t remove much of my data variance. Am I right?

Bin

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Bin Wang
Cognitive Neuroscience
Institute of Neuroscience and Medicine (INM-3)
Forschungszentrum Juelich,
Leo-Brandt-Str. 5
52425 Juelich
Email: b.wang at fz-juelich.de <https://webmail.fz-juelich.de/owa/redir.aspx?C=hswxAlx8wU6cP189jFS_1w0PFSKb8dAIIkV6dqtR-VUUMNMIisKisV7RZADeuZK3wPR2w27Q5yU.&URL=mailto%3abinwang87828%40gmail.com>
     &  binwang87828 at gmail.com <https://webmail.fz-juelich.de/owa/redir.aspx?C=hswxAlx8wU6cP189jFS_1w0PFSKb8dAIIkV6dqtR-VUUMNMIisKisV7RZADeuZK3wPR2w27Q5yU.&URL=mailto%3abinwang87828%40gmail.com>   <https://webmail.fz-juelich.de/owa/redir.aspx?C=hswxAlx8wU6cP189jFS_1w0PFSKb8dAIIkV6dqtR-VUUMNMIisKisV7RZADeuZK3wPR2w27Q5yU.&URL=mailto%3abinwang87828%40gmail.com>
Telefon: 02461-61-9542