[Eeglablist] Bipolar HEOG and VEOG channel locations

Nike gnanateja nikegnanateja at gmail.com
Sun Nov 16 23:12:33 PST 2014

Dear list,

We are using a Neuroscan 64 channel Synamps2 equipment at our lab. We use
bipolar channels for the EOG recordings. When I import the recordings into
eeglab and try to load the electrode locations from the existing sample
locations, it assigns a single location to the bipolar channel. But
actually, they are from two differential electrodes.

Here are myquestions
1. how do I add a separate reference channel to the EOG  Bipolar channel?

2. Does addition of a separate reference channel to the EOG electrodes
actually matter? What I have visually observed is that the scalp topography
of the eye movements are falsely lateralized, and the actual dipolar nature
of the horizontal movements not clearly visualized in the EOG channels

3. Is using monopolar channels for EOG better than using bipolar channels.

regards
Nike

--
G Nike Gnanateja, MSc (Audiology) <http://goog_636235333>