[Eeglablist] Error in "runica"

Roni Shafir ronishafir1 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 12 03:28:53 PST 2014

Hello all,
I'm trying to run "runica" on our EEG data in order to remove eye-blinks
artifacts.
The data is recorded using BioSemi with 64 scalp electrodes and additional
5 (EX1-EX5) reference electrodes. The number of channels for the "runica"
function is 72 (including EX6-EX8).
With most of the subjects, the function returns 72 ICs. However, with some
subjects we get only 71 ICs. What could be a possible reason for this
variability?
I'm receiving the following error massage:

Attempting to convert data matrix to double precision for more accurate ICA
results.
Data rank (71) is smaller than the number of channels (72).
runica(): Even number of input arguments???Error in runica (line 135)
if nargin < 1

Output argument "sphere" (and maybe others) not assigned during call to
"C:\Users\Asus\Downloads\eeglab10_2_4_4a\eeglab10_2_4_4a\functions\sigprocfunc\runica.m>
runica".

Error in pop_runica (line 385)
            [EEG.icaweights,EEG.icasphere] = runica( tmpdata, 'lrate',
0.001, g.options{:} );

Error in Analyze_2249 (line 148)
            EEG = pop_runica(EEG,
'icatype','runica','dataset',1,'options',{'extended' 1}); %Running Runica
ICA

I would appreciate your help.
Thanks!
Roni