[Eeglablist] EEG 'localizer'?

Makoto Miyakoshi mmiyakoshi at ucsd.edu
Thu Dec 25 19:25:34 PST 2014

Dear Johan,

Very very interesting attempt! I hope someone on this list give you good
ideas. Let me start with my humble opinions.

Visual and auditory should be quite easy since they are pretty robust and
fast. Motor, it depends on what you mean. If you say just pressing a button
is sufficient, it should not be too difficult. Go-nogo, you need to divide
the trials into two categories, which doubles the number of trials.

In any case, the associated ERPs have short time constants (300-400 ms) so
within 10 min (=600 sec) recording at least 60-80 trials for each condition
should work. If you need to combine them, you should be able to treat them
as (theoretically) orthogonal and analyzed as such. However, realistically
you want to consider the additional effect, such as attention switching
across modalities, probability (avoid oddball effect!) etc.

Makoto