[Eeglablist] Topographical plots for frequency band

Makoto Miyakoshi mmiyakoshi at ucsd.edu
Mon Dec 29 10:27:44 PST 2014

Dear Nico,

> I m still wondering if it's correct or if there is an easiest way?

I would not use pop_newtimef() simply because it's slow.
I still recommend the following solution
1) band-pass filter
2) EEG.data = hilbert(abs(EEG.data)); % EEG.data should be 'continuous',
check also dimensions!
3) Epoch the data, use topoplot()

Makoto

For now, the only way I found (in theory, I have to try it) to get a
topographical plot for a frequency band (let's say alpha 8-12Hz) is to run
the pop_newtimef() function and then extract my frequencies of interest
from the matrices and to average it for each time point, and to do so with
all my 64 channels. Then, plot the values using pop_spectopo() function. I
m still wondering if it's correct or if there is an easiest way?