[Eeglablist] Subjects number in ERP experiment

Ahmed Almurshedi ahmed19875000 at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 20 10:31:32 PDT 2015

Dear All,
I can I see i variety of ERP experiments some researcher used very wide range of participant may exceed 100 samples.While some others deals with limited number of samples which maybe around 12 subjects.My question is:
How much the minimum size of subject is required in an ERP experiment?What is the criteria to choose the number of participants?If so how to calculate it statistically?

 I have goggled it and find some suggest around 30-40 subjects. as in the following link
 Sands Research - White Paper: Sample Size Analysis for Brainwave Collection (EEG) Methodologies

|   |
| Sands Research - White Paper: Sample Size Analysis for B... |
|  |
| View on www.sandsresearch... | Preview by Yahoo |
|  |
|   |