[Eeglablist] bad channels detection

Anya Stetsenko stetsenko.an at gmail.com
Fri Jul 10 03:25:52 PDT 2015

Dear EEGLAB community,

I need to detect a lot of bad channels for many EEG recordings, but the
automatic methods in the EEGLAB doesn't seem to be very helpful, as they
fail to detect really bad channels.

I have 128 channels, so my intuition is that a bad channel should have weak
correlation with the data from the neighboring channels. Is there any
procedure to measure this? And is it a good way to detect a bad channel? I
guess there can be problems when 2 or more neighboring channels are bad,
but may be that can be solved with some sort of re-check with other
channels.

Best regards,
Anya