[Eeglablist] bad channels detection

Makoto Miyakoshi mmiyakoshi at ucsd.edu
Thu Jul 23 10:22:57 PDT 2015

Dear Anya,

Check out this page. Arno added 'Makoto's' which embarrasses me.
http://sccn.ucsd.edu/wiki/Makoto's_preprocessing_pipeline

Note especially 'The PREP pipeline' paper by Nima Bigdely-Shamlo (my former
colleague) and clean_rawdata() plugin by Christian Kothe (also my former
colleague). The PREP pipeline paper describes in detail how important
channel selection and interpolation is for obtaining good average
referencing. clean_rawdata() also has a very sophisticated bad channel
detection algorithm. Maybe the PREP algorithm is based on clean_rawdata()'s
one (just my guess, since Nima and Christian works together).

Makoto