[Eeglablist] General Continuous Data Analysis Questions

Makoto Miyakoshi mmiyakoshi at ucsd.edu
Mon Jul 20 20:27:41 PDT 2015

Dear Evan,

> I am trying to meet a deadline for my research project (next week) and I
am really struggling with data analysis.

Sorry I read it now.

> My professors are completely unfamiliar with EEGLAB so my knowledge only
encompasses what I could gather from tutorials.

So were my former mentors.

> Please let me know what I am missing/what else you think I should be
doing in order to efficiently get valid data that I can start comparing and
writing about.

In your case, data cleaning before ICA is missing. This is a very important
stage. See this page for future info. Read Nima's paper too (referenced
there)
http://sccn.ucsd.edu/wiki/Makoto's_preprocessing_pipeline

> 7.  Spectral analysis of the epochs to then compare frontal alpha
asymmetry
-How would I calculate a significant difference?

You should use EEGLAB STUDY to run the stats on this. Check also NBT by
Simon Shlomo-Poil.

Makoto