[Eeglablist] T-F analysis, help with frequency range

Makoto Miyakoshi mmiyakoshi at ucsd.edu
Thu Jul 23 15:39:28 PDT 2015

Dear Xianghong and Clemens,

I guess Xianghong used wrong parameters.

> We want to see the range at least from 1 Hz to 50 Hz,

Then you have to have 5-6 sec epoch length! This is because if you want to
use (and you do want to use) 3 cycles at the lowest frequency of 1 Hz, your
sliding window length will be 3 sec long. Your 1-Hz resolution will be very
blurry because of this. Also, using 5-6 sec epoch length is not very common
(usually -1 to 2 sec which we recommend; and use 3Hz with 3 cycle).

See slide 21 of this file to understand the parameters.
http://sccn.ucsd.edu/mediawiki/images/1/19/C2_A3_Time-frequencyDecAndAdvancedICAPracticum.pdf

Makoto