[Eeglablist] best way to make several compatible datasets in order to create a Study

Tarik S Bel-Bahar tarikbelbahar at gmail.com
Thu Sep 17 16:13:02 PDT 2015

Hello Ralf, hoping the notes below help. Cheers!

Please google "STUDY eeglab" for more details about the STUDY structure.
Please google and review, if you have not, the sections on "creating a
study", "working with study designs", "working with study data structures",
etc...
I generally recommend working the eeglab tutorial data until you feel
comfortable with eeglab, and then working with your data. I also recommend
trying to "check things" first in the tutorial data, to learn about what is
kosher in eeglab.

Yes, number of channels, epoch length, and some other factors determine
whether a file is compatible with others for a study. As far I understand,
each file need not have the same channel numbers, as STUDY interpolates
them as necessary when doing it's computations.

Your best bet is to just practice. When you load up a few of these files,
and try to create a study, and compute basic EEG or IC measures, do you get
errors ? EEGLAB won't let you go forward if the files don't match up. they
should if they are all processed the same way.