[Eeglablist] Importing Brain Vision Analyser coordinates

Andreas Widmann widmann at uni-leipzig.de
Wed Sep 30 10:49:48 PDT 2015

Hi Nikola,

> Seeing as Brain Vision is a very popular suite in EEG research, it might be good if EEGlab team would support their file format?
Possibly this is also a matter of perspective?: Seeing as MATLAB/EEGLAB is a very popular suite in EEG research, it might be good if Brain Vision would support their file format (e.g., instead of creating yet another file format or relying on community support)?

Anyway, this is xml and the MATLAB reference implementation works with some adjustments. Locations are in BESA orientation. Find a new loadbvef function to import the file into an EEGLAB chanlocs structure here: https://github.com/widmann/bva-io/blob/master/loadbvef.m

Hope this helps! Best,
Andreas

P.S.: Note that there’s a duplicate FFT9h channel in your location file.