[Eeglablist] Correct for EGI latency error functions

Isaiah Innis isainnis at umail.iu.edu
Mon Oct 12 08:16:19 PDT 2015

It is common to be unaware of this problem. To quote EGI: "These delay
values have not been effectively communicated to EGI customers . . ."

That aside, here are the advisory notices from EGI:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/60ecjesnp62lxjj/EGI%20advisory%20notice%20and%20update.docx?dl=0
Note that there are two notices - an initial warning followed by an update.

The filter causing the issue is the hardware filter (before analog to
digital conversion) within the amplifier. Filters applied offline are
unaffected.

For NetStation users, EGI released a stand alone "Anti Alias Filter
Alignment" utility to adjust files offline.  NetStation version 5.1.2 and
later include this utility as part of the installation and also allow for
online correction. Be aware that when using the tool offline, "data must be
adjusted in a state prior to segmentation, therefore you will have to
reprocess the data (personal communication w/EGI). "  Since this correction
must occur before segmentation anyway, we export our continuous data  to
.raw files then adjust the data and perform all pre-processing steps in
eeglab.

Let me know if anything above is unclear,

--
Isaiah Innis
Indiana University '13