[Eeglablist] baseline removal for individual channels

Makoto Miyakoshi mmiyakoshi at ucsd.edu
Tue Dec 1 11:27:45 PST 2015

Dear Anja,

I see. Baseline correction is one of old and recurrent problem.

I guess this is rather a type of request. Please file it to EEGLAB bugzilla.
https://sccn.ucsd.edu/bugzilla/

Since you seem savvy in coding, I suggest the following code to start to
build a manual workaround. Not checked with Matlab, so please use it with
care at your own risk.

baselineIdx = find(EEG.tiems<0) % all negative latency
tmpData = EEG.data; % must be epoched
meanBaseline = squeeze(mean(tmpData(:,baseleineIdx,:)));
baselineValue = bsxfun(@minus, meanBaseline, tmpData);

I believe this is what EEGLAB does now (no?) You modify the last line to do
what you want to do.

Makoto