[Eeglablist] AMICA lrate gets stuck

Makoto Miyakoshi mmiyakoshi at ucsd.edu
Wed Dec 2 10:11:31 PST 2015

Dear Felipe,

> What is the information given by the channel index? Spectral density
units? Or other units?

Channel index means which channel it is. Nth row in the EEG.data.

> Objectively, the scale of colors represents what?

It's a normalized power spectrum density, I believe.

> For instance, in terms of the 40.0Hz seen in the figure presented in my
last email, the zone of red/brown is the area of more intensity of that
frequency, corresponding to the channel FC6 (F8)?

Personally, I don't think the data you showed in the plot is
physiologically meaningful immediately. EEG signal should show 1/f spectrum
pattern which I don't see here.

> If we consider that the band of 40.0Hz is associated with a higher
engagement in the task, what does it means the greater intensity shown in
this area?

The interpretation depends on the experimental design. But, first of all
you want to confirm the basic sign of EEG.

Makoto