[Eeglablist] PREP pipeline questions

Makoto Miyakoshi mmiyakoshi at ucsd.edu
Mon Dec 21 10:56:49 PST 2015

Dear Adrien,

> Is there a way to import the data without referencing

This is possible. Just import the data.

> and use the pipeline to remove bad channels and reference with the robust
algorithm?

I thought that's what PREP does--otherwise what's the point?

> Or should I reference to common average at import and then run the PREP
pipeline? Would the latter not still introduce artefacts if there is a
noisy channel?

You don't need to reference when you import them. Re-referencing can be
done anytime after importing. Maybe that EEGLAB warning for biosemi is a
bit misleading.

> The high-pass filter of the prep pipeline is said to be temporary so did
I understand correctly that if the detrend high-pass is set to 1Hz I can
still high-pass filter later at 0.5Hz for example?

When PREP returns the data, they are NOT high-pass filtered at all.

> Lastly, I’d like to use PREP pipeline with the command line (so as to run
it for multiple subjects in a row), does anyone have an example option file
that can be adapted and used to call the prep function?

Did you check if there is sample code for batch process in the downloaded
packet?

Makoto