[Eeglablist] ICA using PCA

Makoto Miyakoshi mmiyakoshi at ucsd.edu
Wed Jan 6 19:21:51 PST 2016

Dear Alessandra,

I would recommend you go back to continuous data to run ICA since you have
as many as >200 channels.

307 x 200 = only 60,000 with which you can't get a good result. The rule of
thumb is that if you have one hundred channel data, you need one million
datapoints.

> We can't understand the formula (k/N^2=N stable components)

(235^2) x 30 = 1,656,750 datapoints you need to decompose 235 channel data.
Actually, they say it's not fixed to be 30 but it should increase as the
number of the channels increase from 30. So you'll probably need 2 to 3
million datapoints (which is nearly unrealistic, I know...)

Makoto