[Eeglablist] Human Identification & biometric authentication system using EEG

Mahmudul Hasan mubin mubin.eee.kuet at gmail.com
Wed Feb 10 20:36:01 PST 2016

Dear all,

I am doing my research in "Development of an EEG based biometric
authentication & security system". This is my undergraduate thesis topic.
Please can anyone tell me is it possible to identify an individual
correctly from a group of people correctly? I heve studied a lot of
research papers about this & they said thay got almost 100% accuracy.
Someone are using time-frequency based feature extraction algorithm i.e.
WPD(Wavelet Packet Decomposition). I am novice in EEGlab but learning
everyday from this amazing tool. I just only learnt Time domain feature
extraction i.e. mean, median, variance etc. How EEGlab can be helpful in
this regard? Can anyone please suggest me which method will be best for
human identification using EEG? Which feature is not varied of an
individual at different trials?

With thanks,
Md. Mahmudul Hasan
Final  year undergraduate student
Department of Electrical & Electronic Engineering (EEE)
Khulna University of Engineering & Technology (KUET), Bangladesh.