[Eeglablist] Human Identification & biometric authentication system using EEG

Jordi Solé-Casals jordi.sole at uvic.cat
Tue Mar 22 02:46:20 PDT 2016

Dear Mahmudul,
these references could be of interest to you:

http://dblp.uni-trier.de/pers/hd/r/Rocca:Daria_La

Hope it helps!
Jordi

> Dear Mahmudul,
>
> Very interesting project! I have never thought of it.
> Generally speaking, use of ICA should increase signal to noise ratio
> because it unmixes the scalp recorded signals into source signals. I'm not
> sure either time-domain analysis or frequency-domain analysis is more
> useful for this purpose, but ICA is surely helpful for both cases.
>
> Maybe BCI people have much more ideas and suggestions.
>
> Makoto
>
> On Thu, Feb 11, 2016 at 1:36 PM, Mahmudul Hasan mubin <
> mubin.eee.kuet at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Dear all,
>>
>> I am doing my research in "Development of an EEG based biometric
>> authentication & security system". This is my undergraduate thesis topic.
>> Please can anyone tell me is it possible to identify an individual
>> correctly from a group of people correctly? I heve studied a lot of
>> research papers about this & they said thay got almost 100% accuracy.
>> Someone are using time-frequency based feature extraction algorithm i.e.
>> WPD(Wavelet Packet Decomposition). I am novice in EEGlab but learning
>> everyday from this amazing tool. I just only learnt Time domain feature
>> extraction i.e. mean, median, variance etc. How EEGlab can be helpful in
>> this regard? Can anyone please suggest me which method will be best for
>> human identification using EEG? Which feature is not varied of an
>> individual at different trials?
>>
>> With thanks,
>> Md. Mahmudul Hasan
>> Final  year undergraduate student
>> Department of Electrical & Electronic Engineering (EEE)
>> Khulna University of Engineering & Technology (KUET), Bangladesh.

>> eeglablist-request at sccn.ucsd.edu
>>

> --
> Makoto Miyakoshi

Jordi Solé-Casals
Head of the Research Group in Data and Signal Processing (DSP)
<http://mon.uvic.cat/ust/research/research-groups/research-group-on-data-and-signal-processing/>
UScienceTech: Experimental Sciences and Technology
<http://mon.uvic.cat/ust/>
University of Vic - Central University of Catalonia <http://www.uvic.cat>
C/ de la Laura, 13, 08500 Vic, Catalunya
Tel: +34 93 881 5519 // Fax: +34 93 881 4307
e-mail: jordi.sole at uvic.cat
twitter: @jsolec <https://twitter.com/jsolec>
Impactstory <https://impactstory.org/JordiSole-casals>
ResearchGate profile