[Eeglablist] Problem Importing Brain Vision Pycorder files

Andreas Widmann widmann at uni-leipzig.de
Wed Jun 22 10:54:33 PDT 2016

Hi Kira,

> I am using Brain Vision Pycorder to record EEG, and I am having some difficulty getting the data to visualize correctly in EEGLab. I have tried importing the data using the BIOSIG interface and the Brain Vis Rec.vhdr plugin both with the same result. Basically, all of the information about the dataset looks correct, but when you plot the data it looks as if channels are missing. We know these channels weren't missing when we recorded. Here is a link to one of our data files: https://drive.google.com/a/owu.edu/folderview?id=0B3AY5KURwf-_SkdvVG5scHU1cG8&usp=sharing
The data look ok and all 32 channels are imported (using „From Brain Vis. Rec. .vhdr file“ method; did not test BIOSIG). The data have a strong DC offset. When plotting please try first menu Display -> Remove DC offset (channels are basically plotted outside of the window and thus invisible). Alternatively you may apply a high-pass filter before plotting and further analysis. Note: the vmrk files actually do not include any markers. Thus, no triggers will be imported.

Hope this helps,
Andreas
--
Institute of Psychology, University of Leipzig
Neumarkt 9-19                      Phone: +49 341 97-39568
E-mail: widmann at uni-leipzig.de
Web: http://www.uni-leipzig.de/~biocog/widmann/