[Eeglablist] The earliest reference adopted in Hans Berger's paper (1929)?

Makoto Miyakoshi mmiyakoshi at ucsd.edu
Wed Jul 20 10:29:27 PDT 2016

Dear list,

Here is the summary of discussion about the Berger (1929) which was off the
list. Thank you Pedro and Thomas. I apologize I missed the timely response.

   - Gloor has translated the original papers into English in a book.
   - Berger (1929) used two electrodes only. Hence it was a bipolar
   recording.
   - For recording from patients with missing a part of skull, he located
   both electrodes within that part. For recording from healthy subjects, he
   located the two electrodes mostly 'front to back'.
   - When putting the second electrode on the chest, arm or foot, but this
   ended up with recording ECG mostly.

Makoto