[Eeglablist] Preprocessing steps before Time Frecuency Analysis

Tarik S Bel-Bahar tarikbelbahar at gmail.com
Thu Jul 21 21:10:37 PDT 2016

Hello Ruben, some notes below that may be of use. best wishes.

*************************************
Regarding your epoch rejection, order seems generally correct. I would
suggest also visually inspecting and making changes in thresholds if
necessary, and using other sub-tools in the channel-based rejection GUI.
With 128 channels, the data is well suited to ICA based artifact-detection
and ICA-based analyses. If you haven't had a chance to, examine
time-frequency dynamics for particular ICs. See also several tools for
cleaning data that come with eeglab, including "trim outlier" and the
ASR-based continuous data cleaning.

One can drop the mastoid channels after rereference to them.
No need to put back in the Fcz. Consider just dropping bad channels,
average reference with good channels (see e.g, prep pipeline), and then
interpolate bad channels.
However, plenty of researchers "rereference" to all channels at the start
of their pipelines rather than only using good channels.
One could interpolate Fcz as a last step if one wants to report on it.

If you haven't had a chance to, see Makoto's pipeline suggestions, eeglab
online tutorials for time-frequency analysis and all eeglab aspects, as
well google eeglab list for past mentions regarding your topics.