[Eeglablist] pop_rejcont removing keyboard0 ?

John Johnson john at johnjohnson.info
Fri Jul 29 16:29:33 PDT 2016

Hello All,

I have 8 continuous files that I process with:
pop_select() to remove ground, etc. channels
pop_editset() to add channel locations
pop_eegfiltnew() 2-50Hz

EEG = pop_rejcont(EEG, 'elecrange',[1:58] ,'freqlimit',[20 40],'threshold'
,10,'epochlength',0.5,'contiguous',4,'addlength',0.25,'taper','hamming');

then...
EEG = pop_epoch( EEG, {  'keyboard0'  }, [-5  20], 'newname', 'CNT file
epochs', 'epochinfo', 'yes');
pop_epoch():15 epochs selected
Epoching...
pop_epoch():15 epochs generated
eeg_checkset: found empty values for field 'urevent'
              filling with values of other events in the same epochs
pop_epoch(): checking epochs for data discontinuity
Error using pop_select (line 217)
Error: dataset is empty

Error in pop_epoch (line 373)
EEG = pop_select(EEG, 'notrial', indexepoch);

This works fine for 7 of the files. On the last one, pop_rejcont() (I
assume) is removing the keyboard markers that I added to the file in
NeuroScan to mark the onset of movement (epoch). (There are 15 keyboard0
markers in each .cnt file).

I tried unselecting (many) marked areas around the keyboard0 markers,
thinking that they overlapped with rejected 'epochs', to no avail.
pop_rejcont() has been very helpful in removing movement artifacts from my
data. I hope I can get it to work on this file (and future files).

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
John
--