[Eeglablist] Basic FFT Question

Makoto Miyakoshi mmiyakoshi at ucsd.edu
Tue Aug 9 10:37:26 PDT 2016

Dear Kyle,

It is indeed weird combining the facts that

> perform an FFT on some continuous data.

and

> “newtimef (line 676) error: Value of winsize must be smaller than epoch
frames., (Error occurred in function newtimef() at line 676).

How long is your continuous data? I guess it is longer than 256 points.

Another question for me is that if you want to perform FFT to compute
spectra, why do you choose wavelet transform rather than FFT i.e.,
spectopo()?

Makoto