[Eeglablist] Trigger manipulation

Tarik S Bel-Bahar tarikbelbahar at gmail.com
Sat Aug 13 18:35:54 PDT 2016

Hello Connor,some notes below, best wishes.

If you haven't had a chance to, google eeglablist for the past
mentions and suggestions regarding changing events. "eeglablist + edit
events". There should  be some code examples there too. Here are some
recent ones. Check out the function eeg_addnewevents too.
https://sccn.ucsd.edu/pipermail/eeglablist/2015/009246.html
https://sccn.ucsd.edu/pipermail/eeglablist/2015/009265.html

There's a range of ways to edit the events, including through the GUI,
by importing events, and via scripts that modify the EEG.event
structure. These should all be documented on the wiki and eeglablist.

You can go to Edit > EEG events, modify or add an event, and after
closing the gui window for event editing, type eegh to see the Event
Editing command script that was run, which you can copy, modify.
You'll also want to check help documentation for the function that
gets run. For example one can create a loop in a small script that go
through each of the events, has a counter for each kind of event
you're looking for, and then modifies the label. You could do it event
by event in loop, or you could have variables to hold the times and
labels, and then use the eeg_addnewevents function to update the whole
event structure.

Google the following eeglab wiki pages.
Chapter_03:_Event_Processing
A02: Importing Event Epoch Info - SCCN

See also the IV.4.3.EEG.event portion of the eeglab tutorial mirror here:
cognitrn.psych.indiana.edu/busey/temp/eeglabtutorial4.301/scripttut/script_tutorial.html#EEG.event: