[Eeglablist] Permutation testing after wavelet analysis

Makoto Miyakoshi mmiyakoshi at ucsd.edu
Thu Aug 18 14:28:21 PDT 2016

Dear Nancy,

> 1)      I performed my wavelet analysis on single trial data; is it
common practice to also perform the permutation testing on the single trial
data? When I try to select the “Use Single Trials” option I get a message
that I will have to precompute the channel measures again and save the
single trials, so I am wondering if this is necessary.

In a common practice, we do NOT use single-trial variance from a
single-subject data (separate from the argument whether it is a good
practice or not...)

> 2)      However, is it okay to do this permutation testing comparing the
data of a healthy population and a clinical population, given that they may
have different noise characteristics? Anything I should consider in this
case?
It is okay.

Makoto