[Eeglablist] Extracting epochs with variable time-length

Raquel London raquel at dragondelapatagonia.com
Thu Sep 15 08:49:18 PDT 2016

Hi Martin,

I'm not sure I completely understand your situation. Do the different
conditions have different marker values?

Take care; I'm not an expert and I'm just thinking out loud, but you could
write a script, and use the pop_rmdat function (this corresponds in the GUI
to Edit>Select data based on events).
So maybe first cut long epochs around the markers that define the
condition, then you can separate the conditions. You cut them long, so you
are sure you have at least the length of the longest epoch fit inside it.
Then you loop throught the trials and for each trial find the events you
need to define the epoch you want and use their latencies to plug into the
pop_rmdat function.

What I don't know is how eeglab deals with different length epochs, if that
is even possible. Maybe you can leave the epochs whole and just analyze the
portions of the data that interest you.

Maybe some one else has an easier solution?

cheers,
Raquel

--
Dragón de la Patagonia