[Eeglablist] re referencing to average after ICA

Makoto Miyakoshi mmiyakoshi at ucsd.edu
Mon Oct 17 19:58:16 PDT 2016

Dear Raquel,

Just a follow up--

> how do such artifacts impact on time frequency analyses and/or ERP's?

This filter is to help ICA. If you apply time-frequency analysis down to 3
Hz, 1 Hz activity should not affect much (it's not zero, but probably
negligible).

There are several papers saying 1-Hz high-pass 'distorts' ERP and no good.
This is because a traditional averaged ERP waveform is a quite broad band
toward low frequency. You said you know how to copy an ICA weight matrix
calculated on filtered data and copy it to unfiltered data, so you should
be compatible with the conventional ERP practice.

Makoto