[Eeglablist] R: ICA and dipfit: high residual variance

Makoto Miyakoshi mmiyakoshi at ucsd.edu
Tue Oct 18 01:02:53 PDT 2016

Dear Giovanni,

> 1) Should I avoid to use fs=500Hz when working with SIFT? From the
tutorial I understood that there could be problems with this analysis with
fs>500 but at this point I assume that also having fs=500Hz is risky.

Yes, avoid it if you are not sure.

> 2) When working with fs=250Hz, can I rely on the goodness of the model
validation results (whiteness, consistency, stability) even if the model
has been estimated without respecting the ratio parameters/datapoints?

I thought that Tim used to recommend users to use something like 100Hz.
This will lower the recommended model order accordingly, so you would not
have parameter/datapoint ratio issue.

Makoto