[Eeglablist] Plotting ERSP with Merged Channels

Makoto Miyakoshi mmiyakoshi at ucsd.edu
Fri Oct 28 20:35:10 PDT 2016

Dear Julie,

> Specifically, I have a 80 (freqs) x 200 (time points) x 1 (channel: three
averaged into one) x 16 (subjects) array for each condition.

At least you want to apply Matlab function squeeze() to drop that singleton
dimension.

> Any advice on methods you know are supported by eeglab that allows you to
plot ERSP changes with multiple channels averaged into a single plot would
be greatly appreciated!

I don't think there is dedicated EEGLAB function to visualize ERSP. It uses
standard function such as imagesc() etc.

> I see this commonly done in the literature but am uncertain of how it is
executed.

Looks like you are familiar with coding. Why don't you plot it yourself?
It's quite easy. It's like this. Assuming that you have your 80x200x16 data
in 'data' and epoch time in EEG.times,

figure
imagesc(EEG.times, mean(data,3)); axis xy

Makoto