[Eeglablist] How does transferring ICA matrixes between same-subject data sets affect further processing?

Makoto Miyakoshi mmiyakoshi at ucsd.edu
Mon Nov 7 19:59:55 PST 2016

Dear Marius,

> Data cleaning and source separation is the toughest frontier in MoBI
research at the moment I'd say,

Signal processing is a secondary issue. What's most important is the *unique
questions* it can address to make a good science. Consider the fact that
designing an experiment has much larger degrees of freedom than the types
of signal processing we can perform (more or less successfully).

> if all components are subtracted, there should again be nothing left, or
where am I on the wrong track here?

You are right.

> Also, the backprojection from components to channels is just a matrix
multiplication with the remaining components' weights inversed, but if
there's no component left, this would be an empty matrix, or how would this
work mathematically? I might have gotten something wrong here, though...

Hmm I have difficulty in seeing your problem. What do you want to know?

Makoto