[Eeglablist] Neuroscan acquire buffer overflow

Simon De Deyne a1602741 at adelaide.edu.au
Wed Nov 23 22:38:11 PST 2016

Hi,

Apologies for sending this this to the eeglablist, but I assume there
might be people here who are also using the Neuroscan Acquire software
(version 4.5.1) and I haven't been able to get in touch with Tech
support from Neuroscan.

I've been having systematic buffer overflow problems and have lost
multiple participants because of this. The registrations stops because
of this overflow problem at various points in time during the registration.
The FAQ section of Acquire mentions hard drive space, but we have a
brand new computer with plenty of space. I also reduced the windows
seconds per page option to 20 secs to avoid graphical buffering
problems. Yet still there are problems, occurring sometimes early during
a run and sometimes late. Has anyone had similar issues and would you be
able to share your solutions?

Best wishes,
Simon

PS. Acquire is running on Windows 7 Professional with 16gb of Ram
installed, i5 2.7Ghz CPU and 1.8Tb free space. A/D rat is set at 1000Hz
on a 68 Channel system