[Eeglablist] high frequency oscillation- eeg advice

Ahmad, Jumana jumana.ahmad at kcl.ac.uk
Tue Jan 24 07:00:25 PST 2017

Hi  Everyone,
I am running a large scale ERP analysis. I filtered 1-40Hz (ICA AMICA), or 0.1-40Hz for the ERP dataset. A 30Hz low pass does not help to get rid of the oscillation, which is really significant in the data. I use a butterworth filter, which is good for ERP analysis with low phase distortion.
I also already run ICA, but in some datasets there is a very significant high frequency oscillation.
I do not use cleanline, which is not typical in the literature I have been basing my pipeline on.

However, I can see the high frequency oscillations in my ERP, which is not ideal and now I need to try and get rid of it further.
Can I filter again on top of the data which already has already undergone ICA- I only use ICA to remove blinks?
Should I do cleanline, although it would have to be after ICA now- I read this is not advisable.
Should I use a notch filter?

Any help would be appreciated.
Best wishes,
Jumana

Jumana Ahmad
Post-Doctoral Research Worker in Cognitive Neuroscience
EU-AIMS Longitudinal European Autism Project (LEAP) & SynaG Study
Room M1.09. Department of Forensic and Neurodevelopmental Sciences (PO 23) | Institute of Psychiatry, Psychology & Neuroscience | King's College London | 16 De Crespigny Park | London SE5 8AF

Phone: 0207848 0260| Email: jumana.ahmad at kcl.ac.uk<mailto:antonia.sanjose at kcl.ac.uk> | Website: www.eu-aims.eu<http://www.eu-aims.eu/> | Facebook: www.facebook.com/euaims<http://www.facebook.com/euaims>

We are currently looking for volunteers with mild intellectual disability to be part of our exciting and world-leading European project into brain development and social behaviour. Please, do get in touch if you know of anyone who may be interested in taking part.