[Eeglablist] Time frequency analysis, statistical analysis after getting the ERSP figure

Tarik S Bel-Bahar tarikbelbahar at gmail.com
Thu Mar 30 12:44:24 PDT 2017

Hello Nabi, if you are just starting, your best bet is to work using the
eeglab tutorial data, and going through all the eeglab tutorials, including
of course the ones on time-frequency computation. Here are some other
suggestions below.
1. When computing ERSP for one subject (or multiple subjects), the data is
stored in eeglab memory.
2. For getting "Data" to "analyze" you should read the help instructions
for the function you are using, which will allow you to create a variable
that has the output data.
You basically need to run the ERSP from the gui, then review the code that
was run by typing eegh, then review how to set output settings for that
specific function, and then rerun the function from the command line with
output settings. This will usually be something like [outputvar outputvar]
= function_name(EEG, flags);
If you want do that in STUDY, it's a little different, but it is possible
to access the computed ERSP data for each file you have in STUDY.
3. If you're not familiar with matlab or eeglab, please follow all
instructions about learning matlab and doing eeglab tutorials on the main
eeglab wiki.
4. If you have not had a chance, be sure to review all the tutorials,
including explanations of the EEG data structures, and how to pull data
from them.
5. Review past eeglab list posts by googling "eeglablist and "your topic or
question". There are many previous questions that are similar to yours.