[Eeglablist] Error: Discrepancy when recomputing event latency

Andreas Widmann widmann at uni-leipzig.de
Wed Apr 5 06:17:03 PDT 2017

I receive the following error when trying to cut files with pop_select( EEG, 'point‘, …

Error using eeg_eegrej (line 143)
Discrepency when recomputing event latency.
Try to reproduce the problem and send us your dataset

I assume this is due to recent changes related to fixing bug 1971. Importantly, this only happens when using fractional event latencies (as e.g. coming from LSL). This is most likely due to limited float precision when recomputing event latencies. As compatibility with fractional event latencies was explicitly requested in the past (for example when rewriting the resampling code) I think we have to find a solution (introducing a threshold?). This will most likely also affect many resampled files.

Best,
Andreas