[Eeglablist] Trial-by-trial median absolute deviation (MAD) of amplitude and latency

Stephen Politzer-Ahles politzerahless at gmail.com
Tue May 2 14:39:03 PDT 2017

EEG.data is a channels*samples*trials structure for one participant. So,
for example, this would give you the amplitude at channel 5 and timepoint
100 for each trial:

EEG.data(5,100,:)

MATLAB has a built-in mad() function, although anyway median absolute
deviation is basic arithmetic so it shouldn't be hard to calculate.

This would give you the median absolute deviation of the amplitude at each
timepoint; to get median absolute deviation of P1 amplitude and latency,
you would just have to first calculate the P1 amplitude and latency at each
trial and each channel, and then get the mad() of those values.

---
Stephen Politzer-Ahles
The Hong Kong Polytechnic University
Department of Chinese and Bilingual Studies
http://www.mypolyuweb.hk/~sjpolit/
<http://www.nyu.edu/projects/politzer-ahles/>