[Eeglablist] Dipole Fitting - Dipoles' moment

Nils Hachmeister nils.hachmeister at uni-bielefeld.de
Mon Jun 12 00:55:50 PDT 2017

Hall again,

my topic is still dipole fitting, but as this question is otherwise
unrelated to my first question I gave it a separate post.

When performing dipole fitting with EEGLAB-dipfit I only ever came
across single 3-d vectors as representations for a dipole's moment. It
is my understanding of dipole fitting that the dipole's moment should
change over time, thereby generating the activity explaining the
IC-activation (minus the RV).

I understand that having one, adequately chosen moment (representation)
per dipole during dipole fitting is handy. However, I intended to
perform a connectivity analysis on the dipole-activation (more precisely
on the moments' norm). Is there some way to obtain such information from
the dipole model? Or is this the wrong approach?

Best Regards

Nils