[Eeglablist] **component time course

Tarik S Bel-Bahar tarikbelbahar at gmail.com
Sun Jun 18 12:59:58 PDT 2017

Hello Jaleh, some extra notes for you below. Remember it is generally
better to provide more details/pictures/errorInformation for better or more
specific answers. Best wishes.

***************************BEGIN EXTRA NOTES FOR JALEH

Yes, a visual or mathematical analysis of the time course of component
activations is possible to use to detect "non-neural" components.

However, there are multiple features of IC components that should be used.
See the eeglab tutorials and other teaching materials on how to select good
ICs.

See also the ICA classification website where you can train yourself how to
detect good/bad ICs.  It is developed by eeglab developers, and it also has
a feedback option in practice mode that can help you learn. Here is the
link, please be sure to check it out before moving forward:
*http://reaching.ucsd.edu:8000
<http://reaching.ucsd.edu:8000> *

Overall, it is important to be able to personally understand how/why some
ICs are non-neural. It is important not to be fully dependent on algorithms
or plugins (although some existing ICA classification tools are very useful
and work well for detecting classic bad ICs)

In regards to adjust, if you're having some issues, contact the Adjust
team, although the issues may be based on your data rather than adjust.
Usually adjust works well.

I would recommend checking out and also testing the several other plugins
for ICA classfication, including SASICA and MARC-ICA and others.

***************************END EXTRA NOTES FOR JALEH

On Sun, Jun 18, 2017 at 9:31 AM, Jaleh Mohammad alipoor <sugmad973 at yahoo.com