[Eeglablist] Not sure where the bug is

Tyler Grummett tyler.grummett at flinders.edu.au
Sun Dec 3 20:34:50 PST 2017

Dear EEGLAB

Im having a great time using the clean_rawdata toolbox, however, I ran into a bug recently which is preventing me from using the function vis_artifacts. The bug occurs after Ive used clean_windows and try to compare the output data to the input data. The following error occurs:

Subscripted assignment dimension mismatch.

Error in vis_artifacts/expand_rejections (line 334)
        tmpdata(EEG.etc.clean_channel_mask,EEG.etc.clean_sample_mask)
        = EEG.data;

Error in vis_artifacts (line 101)
    new = expand_rejections(to_continuous(new));

Digging into the code I find out that the number of true logicals in EEG.etc.clean_sample_mask is equal to 2449098, whereas the number of data points in my 'cleaned' data is 2449096. Returning to the clean_windows function, I get the following warning:

Warning: eeg_lat2point(): Points out of range detected.
Points replaced with maximum value
> In eeg_lat2point (line 101)
  In pop_select (line 534)
  In clean_windows (line 136)
  In clean_artifacts (line 226)
  In clean_rawdata (line 83)
  In mcgurk_clean_data (line 187)

This suggests to me that eeg_lat2point may have removed some data points? Or do you think that clean_windows should accommodate for changes made my eeg_lat2point? Like the subject of this email suggests, I dont know where the bug is.

I can confirm that I am using clean_rawdata version 0.32

Tyler

Tyler Grummett ( BBSc, BSc(Hons I))
PhD Candidate
Brain Signals Laboratory