[Eeglablist] Efficiently removing period of trials in complete study

Tarik S Bel-Bahar tarikbelbahar at gmail.com
Thu Feb 1 15:00:27 PST 2018

Hello Luuk, some suggestions below. Best wishes.

Examine the outputs of eegh after doing the time removal you want once via
the gui for one file.
You probably want to do this outside of study (ie before building your
study).
use what you get from eeg to make a script that does the following:

1. Open a file

2. Make a list of times to drop for each trial (ie, from the start of each
trial to 1000 ms into each trial). (This can be determined by looping
through each trial and getting a start/end time to drop or keep for each
trial. then that info is given to the rejection function.

3. Drops those times, leaving the data you want remaining (basically, drop
all the times from all the trials all at once)

4. Save the file

Once you've determined your script is working correctly, then insert into
loop that does it for all your files, loading/processing each one at a time.
If you have a study loaded, you can alternatively loop/process/resave each
loaded file, but I would recommend not doing the above loop on a set of
loaded study files.

A smarter but harder way would be to hack into the study data structure,
but one needs to be an advanced eeglab and matlab user to do that.

If you have some success, an example solution, or more questions, please
let the list know so that other users can benefit from your experiences.