[Eeglablist] ERSP

Johanna Wagner joa.wagn at gmail.com
Sat May 12 18:22:16 PDT 2018

Hi Konstantina,

what is the size of your epochs, - how are they defined? For example.
-1000ms to 2000ms relative to stimulus? and what is the lowest frequency
that you are trying to estimate?
The lower the frequency, the larger the time windows used by newtimef.

The error you are getting sounds like you do not have any timepoints in the
prestimulus baseline

You can try to use larger epochs if you want to have a prestimulus
baseline, or you could use the whole trial as a baseline...
To use the whole trial just enter the epoch limits as baseline (see example
below)....

 [ersp, itc, powbase, times, freqs, eboot,itcboot, tfdata] = newtimef...
        (EEG.icaact(IC,:,:), EEG.pnts, [EEG.xmin EEG.xmax]*1000,
EEG.srate, 0,...
        'cycles', [3 0.5], 'tlimits', [EEG.xmin EEG.xmax]*1000,...
        'baseline',[EEG.xmin EEG.xmax]*1000,...
        'freqs', [3 60],...
        'padratio', 8)

Johanna

> Hi Konstantina,
> If the problem persists, you may want to submit a bug report to Bugzilla
> <https://sccn.ucsd.edu/bugzilla/> (let us know if you need an account)
> and provide a testing dataset and the line of code you are trying to run so
> we can take a look.
>

>> Could i define baseline with one value(the end of baseline)? I am
>> confused from this definition of baseline
>>

> Yes, you can define a single latency value that will account for all the
> timepoints before this point as baseline (same as defining 0 -> all
> negative time values).  But this is an unintended use of the function.
> Hope this helps,
> Ramon
>
> ''baseline'  = Spectral baseline end-time (in ms). NaN --> no baseline is
>> used.
>> %                     A [min max] range may also be entered
>> %                     You may also enter one row per region for baseline
>> %                     e.g. [0 100; 300 400] considers the window 0 to 100
>> ms and
>> %                     300 to 400 ms This parameter validly defines all
>> baseline types
>> %                     below. Again, [NaN] Prevent baseline subtraction.
>> %                     {default: 0 -> all negative time values}. '
>>
>> from the newtimef.m.
>>

>> Konstantina
>>

>> Στις 2018-05-10 02:16, Ramón Martinez έγραψε:
>>
>>> Konstantina,
>>>  Did you try doing what the message says?
>>> Ramon
>>>
>>> On Wed, May 9, 2018 at 11:03 AM, Konstantina Tsekoura
>>> <tsekou at ceid.upatras.gr> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hello,

>>> --
>>>
>>> _____________________________________________________
>>>
>>> Ramon Martinez-CancinoSwartz Center for Computational Neuroscience
>>> Institute for Neural Computation, University of California San Diego
>>>

>>> Links:
>>> ------
>>> [1] http://sccn.ucsd.edu/eeglab/eeglabmail.html

> ucsd.edu