[Eeglablist] Microstate toolbox error for the Spontaneous data type

Andreas atpo at dtu.dk
Mon Jun 4 06:35:47 PDT 2018

Hi Davida

I apologise for the late reply.

I am not able to reproduce your error when using pop_micro_selectdata() for spontaneous EEG. I have tested it using EEGlab versions 14.0.0 and 14.1.2 on Matlab R2017a.

In line 172 of pop_micro_selectdata() the function, findpeaks(), is called. One cause for the error could be that your Matlab refers to a different findpeaks(), than the one from the Signal Processing Toolbox (which is the one we use).

If this is not the case, could you please send me an email to atpo at dtu.dk so we can see if we can figure out were it goes wrong. Specifically could you:
• Describe all settings you set in pop_micro_selectdata().
o E.g. send a screenshot of the GUI before pressing “OK”.
• Run this (after loading the data): [EEG, ALLEEG] = pop_micro_selectdata( EEG, ALLEEG, 'datatype', 'spontaneous', 'avgref', 1, 'normalise', 0, 'MinPeakDist', 10, 'Npeaks', 1000, 'GFPthresh', 0, 'dataset_idx', [] );
• Test if it only occurs for spontaneous data or also other datatypes.

I hope this helps.

Kind regards

Andreas Trier Poulsen