[Eeglablist] making dataset of timepoints x channels x epochs

Ramón Martinez nucleuscub at gmail.com
Tue Dec 4 16:22:34 PST 2018

Dear Tim,
 A few comments to your email below.

At first I'd like to communicate but I only have the email:
> eeglablist at sccn.ucsd.edu. I couldn't find a website where I can see my
> post and your answers. Instead I thankfully only see your replies at my
> email.

For this you may want to look into the EEGLAB list archives:
https://sccn.ucsd.edu/pipermail/eeglablist/

I have datasets with 5 events for each. *Each dataset has a period of about
> 2 to 4 seconds*. The time period of the events is also not the same in
> all the datasets.

Can you please be more specific in the description of your data. What do
you mean dataset period and time period of the events?

> I can import them individually in EEGLAB to have each dataset(time x
> channels).
> However, I want to construct a dataset of timepoints x channels x trials.
> I checked the "Extract Epochs" from "Tools". But this seems to be not for
> my case. I also checked "Append Datasets" from "Edit" but it will merge
> them and I still have 1 epoch.

By not having the structure of your data clear is hard to adventure in an
aswer here, but most of the time *pop_epoch.m* is the one to use. There are
certainly some limitations though when using this function , specially if
you want to get trials of different duration.

Also Is it possible in EEGLAB to build and train a multi-classifier to
> differentiate between events?

You may wnat to take a look to BCILAB: https://sccn.ucsd.edu/wiki/BCILAB

Hope this helps,
Ramon