[Eeglablist] Interleaving rest with multiple active epochs

Makoto Miyakoshi mmiyakoshi at ucsd.edu
Thu Jan 17 17:59:37 PST 2019

Dear John,

> and do component localization based on ERSP of each move relative to rest.

You might know this, but dipole fitting after ICA won't be affected by this
(assuming that single ICA is run on the data that is all the conditions
concatenated)
If you are talking about sensor-level, instantaneous maps, yes it might
affect the flow of your work, but still it should not change the data.

When computing ERSP, the 'baseline period' can be set in a custom latency
window even from GUI.
If you can code, you may want to consider this path:

   1. Compute ERSP with newtimef() option 'baseline', NaN so that you get
   non-dB-converted values (unit: RMS uV^2/Hz)
   2. Compute the mean ERSP value across your baseline period.
   3. Convert these values to dB by 10*log10(*values*)
   4. Subtract the baseline value from all the data points (assuming that
   they have the same length in frequency axis). This is the same as
   performing what EEGLAB does but manually.

Makoto