[Eeglablist] EEGLab Data Process

Tarik S Bel-Bahar tarikbelbahar at gmail.com
Fri Mar 29 12:12:31 PDT 2019

Hello, brief notes below, best wishes.

***************
You should be able to, all via eeglab gui or matlab script, do the
following: import the data, process it, compute spectra, export spectral
graphics, stats, and data. if you are saavy with matlab, one can also
output continuous xognitive state estimators...but these require that you
determine the inputs (spectra at specifix bands and times) plus  the
thresholds/classifiers for the states.

You can google eeglablist + your topuc of interest, and you should find
past questions and answers galore about importing and computing spectra.

For so-called estimators of drowsiness, etc...one needs to rely on
estimates or algorithms from published articles...for each if those
estimators. you can use google scholar to find those and decide which ones
to use. in some cases, authors provide algorithms, classifiers, or matlab
plugins. When searching in google scholar, start with reviews related to
your cognitive states of interest in major eeg journals, as well as the
IEEE and BCI literature.

if you are relatively new to eeglab and matlab, try checking ouy the online
tutorials, tutorial data, videos, plus extensive learning materials online,
plus the handbooks by luck and by mike cohen. for beginners, check makoto's
pipeline suggestions and code examples.

Once you move forward, please feel free to followup with the list for
specific questions.