[Eeglablist] ERSP : activity systematically shifted at t=0

Clement Lee cll008 at eng.ucsd.edu
Wed Sep 4 16:34:19 PDT 2019

Hi Nabil,

There is always "activity" throughout an EEG recording (hopefully). I don't
use newtimef() regularly, but what shows up as red or blue blobs on
ERP/ERSP plots is dependent on how you epoch the data and how you choose
the baseline. It looks like your stimulus is 600 ms apart and the recording
is not that clean... and that you are using the full epoch as the baseline
for newtimef(). Before using time warping, have you checked out ERP image
<https://sccn.ucsd.edu/wiki/Chapter_08:_Plotting_ERP_images>?

Best,
Clement Lee
Applications Programmer
Institute for Neural Computation, UC San Diego
858-822-7535