[Eeglablist] Using PACT - help

Makoto Miyakoshi mmiyakoshi at ucsd.edu
Tue Dec 3 16:10:50 PST 2019

Dear Eric (cc Brian)

> I've recently been trying to use the PACT toolbox created by Makoto.

Thank you for your interest.

> I was wondering where the PAC results are stored before statistical
comparisons between groups?

The PAC value i.e. 'Modulation Index (MI)' defined by Canolty et al. (2006)
is stored under EEG.pac.mi

> And if the results are actually normalized (as for example PAC/PACrandom)?

I read code quickly, but I did not find any normalization process.

> Furthermore, is there an easy way to compute this from the command line?

Yes. See this recent communication about the same topic.
https://sccn.ucsd.edu/pipermail/eeglablist/2019/014866.html
In this message, the updated version number is written as 0.21, but it was
a mistake (Brian, sorry I made a mistake at that time! Arno told me this
error today) You should find PACT0.32 which is the correct version number.

Makoto