[Eeglablist] Hardware recommendations

Malte Anders malteanders at gmail.com
Wed Jan 15 04:47:52 PST 2020

Hi to both of you and thanks for the input!

I do also agree with you that I will probably not profit from more cores as
newtimef or EEGLAB in general does not seem to support multiple cores. CPU
utilization climbs to a steady ~40% and stays there. Lowering from 200 to
100 datapoints does however hugely shrinks ram utilization.

Your suggestions are well noted and I will keep them in mind when subject
recruitment is finished and data analyzation starts. I am unsure however if
all of those approaches are applicable but thank you very much anyways! :)

Another approach I am going to try is to only use EEGLAB for preprocessing
(filter, ASR, maybe ICA - not sure yet, EEGLABs study functions are
probably not usable for my study design) and then move to raw MATLAB code.
Maybe if I write my own pwelch-script I can speed things up, but time will
tell.

I have also managed to request access to a virtual machine with 128 Gb and
8 cores with no dollar spent, I'll see how that works.

For now I am glad I am not the only one with that problem.

Kind regards,
Malte

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,

Malte Anders